Super Jeep and Glacier Explore to the Hidden Valley
With local guide
Our local guide who is also your driver takes you off-road on an unforgettable journey close to Breiðamerkurjökull, one of Vatnajökull biggest outlet glacier. The trip starts at Hali. The tour starts with a Super Jeep ride to the Hidden Valley, away from the crowds and off the beaten path where you can breathe in the fresh Icelandic air.
On this glacier explore with a local guide, you will experience the wonders of Vatnajökull glacier. As you discover the stunning scenery of the Vatnajökull National Park, our guide will take you through the region’s history, from the time of the ancient settlement until today. Offering unique photo opportunities, this tour is perfect for those who want to spend some time outside, walking and enjoying the unforgettable landscapes around Jökulsárlón.
You get the chance to learn about the magnificent glacier, how it is formed and how it continues to change and shape every day.
The Hidden Valley is a true hidden treasure that very few have visited. We will do a short hike in the area while we explore and learn about the ever-changing glacial landscape, we might see some crevasses, ridges, ice formation and the beautiful blue colour.Read More
The duration of the tour is between 3 – 3,5 hours. Our meeting point is at Hali Country Hotel reception, 13 km east of Jökulsárlón (Glacier Lagoon)
- Availability: Only in April
- Duration: 3 - 3,5 hours
- Typa: Half day tour
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Group min: 2 persons
- Group max: 12 persons
- Meeting point: Hali Country Hotel reception
- Helmet and Crampons
- English speaking local guide
- NEEDED EQUIPMENT:
- - Good shoes, we recommend hiking boots
- - Clothing based on weather
- - We recommend that camera is brought along for the tour.
- FOR RENT:
- You can rent rain gear for 1.000.- ISK
Tell Your Friends
What are people saying
A must do!
View reviews on TripadvisorGlacier Adventures tours allows you to visit some of Iceland’s most stunning placesJim Cook
Good to have in mind
- Be at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time
- Driving in Iceland in the winter time can take much longer than during the summer. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a tour. You can find accommodation suggestion under useful information on our front page
- You can find useful information about the weather at www.vedur.is and the road conditions at www.vegagerdin.is
Disclaimer: Glacier trips are undertaken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by it´s customers or can be traced to their own actions.
View photos of the tour
WE ARE AUTHORIZED TOUR OPERATOR
Glacier Adventure has a licence provided by Icelandic tourist board to function as a tour operator.