Fun tour with rappelling, jumps & slides in a river canyon
This is a unique experience, where you will be able to spend half a day moving down a river canyon using a variety of safe techniques such as;
– Jumping and sliding into crystal clear pools
– Rappelling down between sheer rock faces and down waterfalls.
We begin by meeting on location, getting you geared up and briefed on safety. As we set off we will walk through the nurseries of trees planted by locals of the Forestry Association of Austur-Skaftafellinga.
This trip is built for all who can move with ease for half a day, walking on uneven trails and being confident in water. We will take you through and practice the techniques that will be required to get down the canyon safely on the day. Previous canyoning experience is NOT necessary.Read More
CANYONING MEETING POINT is located at Haukafell Campground. We recommend being there at least 15 minutes before departure time. You will find the meeting point on Google Maps here
The Canyoning Tour is operated by our local friends at Ice Guardians. If you need to contact them: [email protected] , ice-guardians.com
What to Bring
- -Swimsuit/rash vest/ slim fitting synthetic sports t-shirt/bra
- -Towel & Dry change of clothes for after the trip
- -Thick hiking socks that can get wet
- -Flip flops/water shoes
- -Waterproof phone Case or GoPro/action camera
- -Food for after the trip
- Necessary safety equipment - wetsuits, gloves, boots, helmets, rappelling hardware
- Hot chocolate & Icelandic Sweet Snack on return
Good to have in mind
Disclaimer: All tours are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents that are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.