GLACIER LAGOON KAYAKING - JÖKULSÁRLÓN
The Jökulsárlón Glacier lagoon is considered as one of the natural wonders of Iceland. Paddling on the Glacier lagoon provides outstanding experience and gives participants a magnificent view of the ice cap and the vast dome of ice that rises above. A unique journey where we paddle amongst floating icebergs and wildlife, seals and birds.
This is the perfect tour for those who want to be environmentally friendly while exploring nature.
The Kayaks are SIT-ON-TOP boats, very stable and are suitable for first time kayakers. In the tours we use tandem kayaks (boat for two persons) for their safety, easy handling and stability. We also have single kayaks only in case of single travellers and/or odd number bookings. When booking, you select number of passengers, not boat or boat type. The type of boats will be chosen on spot accordingly by your guide, not upon request.
Available from May 15th – September 30th
KAYAK TOUR MEETING POINT is located in a box van at the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon main parking lot. We recommend being there at least 15 minutes before departure time. You will find the Iceguide meeting point on Google Maps here
The Kayak Tour is operated by our local friends at Iceguide If you need to contact them directly: Tel: +354 661-0900 , www.iceguide.is
What to bring
- -Warm clothing to wear under the dry-suit
- -Warm socks
- -Sunglasses on sunny days
- -Kayak & Kayak paddle
- -Safety vest
Good to have in mind
Disclaimer:All tours are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- Please arrive at the tour meeting point 15 minutes prior to the tour departure
- Reasonable fitness is required for this tour. Oversized people can expect having problems fitting the drysuits, and therefore unfortunately not being able to participate
- For safety reasons participants cannot exceed 120 kg (270 lbs) in weight for single kayaks or 180 kg (395lbs) combined weight for tandem kayaks.