Glacier Lagoon & Crystal Ice Cave Tour
Please notice due to COVID the Hovercraft tours will not be running the winter 2021/2022
This amazing combo glacier tour allows you to visit natural ice cave and go on a hovercraft tour with our local friends from IceHover on the Glacier lagoon. The tours are centered in Vatnajökull National Park, on Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and Ice Cave in Breiðamerkurjökull.
Ice Cave Adventure tour is easy, we only have to walk for 30-40 minutes (1.5km) to and from the ice cave, maximum 12 pax in a group. The tour can take between 3-4 hours, of which 30 minutes are spent in the cave, at least enough to get the perfect pictures!
On this tour we will not walk on the glacier, all the walk will be done on a gravel path.
The age limit is 10 years old.
The newest activity in the area is the super exciting Hovercraft tours on the beautiful Glacier Lagoon – Jökulsárlón. Enjoy the smooth, safe sailing with an experienced and professional local pilot. Nowhere else in Iceland is this experience available! The Hovercraft tour is easy, from the meeting point it takes 15 minutes to drive where the Hovercraft tour starts. The hovercraft ride takes about 45-60 minutes but the whole tour takes about 1,5-2 hours. The tour is operated by Icehover and the meeting point is at Hali Country Hotel.
Both tours start from Hali, 13 km east of Jökulsárlón.Read More
During both trips, we recommend wearing warm clothing, warm layers, a jacket, warm socks, boots, woolly hat, and gloves.
Please note! We will not be the only group visiting the ice cave. This has become an incredibly popular winter activity in Iceland. Other tour companies bring guests to visit the cave which can cause it to be crowded. Please expect to share the cave with additional groups.
- Availability: 9:30, 11:00, 14:00
- Meeting point: Glacier Adventure at Hali
- About 15 minutes drive from Glacier Lagoon Jökulsárlón
- Level: Easy
- Duration: 3-4 hours
- Group max: 12 people
- Age Limit: 10-Year-Old
Appropriate footwear and suitable outdoor clothing must be worn at all times. Glacier Adventure reserves the right to refuse participation if not correctly equipped since this will put the clients at risk. In case of refusal, a refund will not be possible.
- NEEDED EQUIPMENT
- – Good waterproof hiking boots, high with good ankle support (can be rented from us)
- – Good clothing based on weather. 3 layers on top: base layer, light sweater-like fleece, and water or windproof top. Light warm pants and waterproof if needed.
- – Thin hat and gloves
Good to have in mind
Be at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time
- Glacier Adventure can´t guarantee to be the only tour company visiting the ice cave during our tour.
- Driving in Iceland in the winter time can take much longer than during the summer. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a tour. Here you can find accommodation suggestion.
- You can find useful information about the weather at www.vedur.is and the road conditions at www.road.is
- You can contact us via our WhatsApp: +354 894-5665
View photos of the tour
What are people saying
A must do!
View reviews on TripadvisorGlacier Adventures tours allows you to visit some of Iceland’s most stunning placesJim Cook