Glacier Walk, Ice Exploring & Super Jeep Tour
With local guide -On request for groups
In this tour, you will experience the wonders of Vatnajökull glacier. As you discover the stunning scenery of Vatnajökull National Park, our guide will take you through the region’s history. Offering unique photo opportunities, perfect for those who want to spend some time outside and enjoying the unforgettable landscapes around Jökulsárlón. We will drive to the edge of the glacier and walk from there.
The trip starts at our meeting point at Hali
You get the chance to learn about the magnificent glacier, how it is formed and how it continues to change and shape every day.
We will do a short hike in the area while we explore and learn about the ever-changing glacial landscape, we might see some crevasses, ridges, ice formation, and the beautiful blue color.
The duration of the tour is between 3 – 4 hours. Our meeting point is at Hali, 13 km east of Jökulsárlón (Glacier Lagoon)
Minimum age is 8 years old
- Availability: On request - for groups
- Duration: 3 - 4 hours
- Typa: Half day tour
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Meeting point: Glacier Adventure at Hali
- Helmet and Crampons (if needed)
- English speaking local guide
- NEEDED EQUIPMENT:
- - Good shoes, we recommend hiking boots
- - Clothing based on weather
- - We recommend that camera is brought along for the tour.
- FOR RENT:
- You can rent hiking shoes & rain gear for 1.000.- ISK
Good to have in mind
- Be at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time
- Driving in Iceland in the winter time can take much longer than during the summer. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a tour. You can find accommodation suggestion under useful information on our front page
- You can find useful information about the weather at www.vedur.is and the road conditions at www.road.is
Disclaimer: Glacier trips are undertaken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by it´s customers or can be traced to their own actions.
View photos of the tour
Tell Your Friends[apss_share]
What are people saying
A must do!
View reviews on TripadvisorGlacier Adventures tours allows you to visit some of Iceland’s most stunning placesJim Cook
WE ARE AUTHORIZED TOUR OPERATOR