Blue Ice Cave Adventure
Includes Super Jeep ride with a glacier trained local guide
In this tour, you will experience a unique natural ice cave in the wonders of Vatnajökull glacier, Europe’s largest ice cap. The tour is suitable for those who want to visit a more isolated ice cave and more difficult to access. This tour offers you great photo opportunities and an unforgettable experience. The level of this tour is hard
We visit one ice cave in this tour. This cave is more difficult to access and therefore we offer it as a more quiet and personal tour for our participants, where we have only up to 8 persons in each group.Read More
Our guides decide if it is safe enough to do the tour according to weather and safety conditions. If we cancel the tour due to weather or safety conditions it is refundable. The ice cave tour can take between 3,5 – 6 hours. The meeting point is at Hali Country Hotel, 13 km east of Jökulsárlón. The tour is guided by a specialist in glaciers and ice caves. Driving to the location can take 25 – 30 minutes and the walk to the ice cave can take 45 – 90 minutes. We spend approximately 1 hour in the cave. You should have in mind that the walking in this tour is always in the pure Icelandic nature on gravel, rough terrain and glacier.
- Availability: 9:00
- Meeting point: Hali Country Hotel reception
- Area: South East Iceland
- Level: Medium/Hard - Hard
- Group max: 8 people
- Duration: 3,5 - 6 hours
- RENTED EQUIPMENT:
- - Rain gear 1000,- ISK
- - Mountain boots 1000,- ISK
- - Crampons, harness and helmet
- - Guided tour with local
- NEEDED EQUIPMENT
- - Hiking boots
- - Good clothing based on weather. 3 layers on top: base layer, light sweater like fleece and water or windproof top. Light warm pants and waterproof if needed.
- - Thin hat and gloves
- - Camera and tripod recommended
Tell Your Friends
What are people saying
A must do!
View reviews on TripadvisorGlacier Adventures tours allows you to visit some of Iceland’s most stunning placesJim Cook
Good to have in mind
- Be at our meeting point 20 minutes before departure time
- For this tour, the participants should be in good hiking condition
- Driving in Iceland in the winter time can take much longer than during the summer. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a tour. Here you can find accommodation suggestion.
- You can find useful information about the weather at www.vedur.is and the road conditions at www.vegagerdin.is
Ice Cave tours are weather dependent. Sometimes Ice Cave tours get canceled with short notice due to safety or weather reasons. After a heavy rain previous days before the tour, the cave sometimes get´s full of water. It can also be too warm for us to enter the caves, the ice can be unstable and not safe to go under. If that happens, we usually have other options if the weather allows, Super Jeep and Glacier Explore, where we drive to the glacier edge and explore the glacier tongue with many amazing picture moments. You can read about the tour here. This tour we offer for a lower price. If you don´t want to take the Jeep tour we can also give you a 100% refund.
Disclaimer: All glacier trips are undertaken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
Photos from earlier Ice Caves (It´s an ever changing glacier and we find new ones every year)
WE ARE AUTHORIZED TOUR OPERATOR
Glacier Adventure has a licence provided by Icelandic tourist board to function as a tour operator.