About Glacier Adventure
Glacier Adventure is a family-run company. Our company revolves around Europe’s largest glacier, Vatnajökull. All of our tours are operated on and under the glacier and surrounding mountains.
Glacier Adventure has it´s own cozy base camp, only 12km east of the Jökulsárlón, the Glacier Lagoon on of Iceland's most popular attractions. The meeting point is Hali. At Hali, we have a very special cozy family friendly barn, hotel, guesthouse, restaurant, and a museum about one of the famous Icelandic writer Þórbergur (1888-1974) who was born in Hali.
Our meeting point:
-Resturants, hotel, and guesthouses
-Only 15 minutes drive to Jökulsárlón, the Glacier Lagoon
-Family friendly cozy barn
The company goal is to share our love and knowledge of the region with our clients and to safely introduce them to some of Iceland´s most stunning sights.
Glacier Adventure offers summer and winter glacier tours and mountain tours.
During summer Glacier Adventure take clients on a glacier hike on Breiðamerkurjökull, one of Vatnajökull fasted receding outlet glaciers.
Glacier Adventure offer ice climbing tours in a small and intimate group.
Glacier Adventure offers high peak tours during the spring time
Glacier Adventure offers courses for guides, spring, summer and fall.
Over the winter period, from October to April we offer Ice Cave Tours. Glacier Adventure offers two ice cave tours. One simple and shorter and another one that is a combination of glacier hike and ice cave tour. As the glacier is ever-changing we have to find new ones every year.
Our office staff, guides and drivers are all personable, professional and fun to be around.
Experienced guides – Our guides are informative, friendly and professionals, they have the training to get you there safe, introduce you to the unique nature we have to offer, share their knowledge of the area with you and get you back to Hali safe and sound and of course extremely happy.
All of our glacier guides have finished the AIMG - Glacier Guide course 1
Glacier Adventure is a member in VAKINN the official quality and environmental system for Icelandic Tourism, that means we operate in an ethical, professional and environmentally sustainable way.
How do we accomplish our environmental commitments?
• In our tours, we focus on sustainability and protection of the environment.
• Conserving natural resources, Icelandic nature is sensitive and therefore we travel in our area with respect.
• Our goal is to minimize the environmental impact when we travel and leave no trace behind.
• We reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
• Most of our staff lives in the next town, Höfn, and every day we have to drive about 60 km to work. We use our electric car WV GTA Passat when traveling from home to work so there is less pollution.
• Our future goal is to use environmentally friendly cars as possible.
• We are members of Kolviður since November 2017, the objective of the Kolviður is to reduce the concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere by increasing the carbon sequestration of forest ecosystem, binding the soil and reducing soil erosion, increasing public awareness and the awareness of companies in regard to greenhouse gas emissions, and promoting education on related issues.
• In our business decisions, we incorporate environmental factors.
And the most important:
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”
WE ARE AUTHORIZED TOUR OPERATOR
Glacier Adventure has a licence provided by Icelandic tourist board to function as a tour operator.
WE ARE MEMBERS OF THE ICELANDIC TRAVEL INDUSTY ASSOCIATION
The Icelandic Travel Industry Association – SAF endeavors to advance quality, safety and professionalism among its membership. It aims to inform its membership about consumer laws and insurance regulations in all the markets from which the travelers originate. The Association is cooperating with the government and Tourist Board to get official classification of hotels, guesthouses and buses according to service features and quality.