Glacier Tour Insight
This beautiful combo glacier tour allows you to experience the dreamy wonders of Vatnajökull National Park recommended for everyone who wants to see & experience the glacier from different points of view.
You can choose if you like to start with the Kayaking Tour in the morning and then embark on a glacier walk on Breiðarmerkurjökull Glacier in the afternoon or vice versa.
The tours are led by two local and professional companies to give you a safe and unforgettable experience in the breathtaking Vatnajökull region. The tours start in two separate locations and you will need to drive between locations.
- Season: May-Sept
- Difficulty: Easy Moderate
- Start time: 9:00 AM OR 10:30 AM
- Duration: Glacier Walk 4 hour
- Duration: Kayak tour 1,5 hour
- Area: Vatnajökull National park and Jökulsárlón
- Type: Glacier walk tour and kayak tour
- Meeting point: Glacier Walk - Glacier Adventure BC
- Meeting point: Kayak tour - Jökulsárlón
- Age limit: 14
- Group size: 8-12
- Tags: Glacier Walk combo, Glacier Walk
This glacier tour is provided by two local families. The Glacier Walk tour starts at Glacier Adventure base camp in Hali. The Kayak tour Jökulsárlón, just 10 min drive vest from Hali.
If you book the 09:00 AM Combo Tour you will be booked at 09:00 AM on the Vatnajökull Glacier Walk with Glacier Adventure and 15:30 Glacier Lagoon Kayaking Tour with IceGuide
If you book the 10:30 AM Combo Tour, you will be booked on the 10:30 AM Glacier Lagoon Kayaking Tour with IceGuide and 14:00 on the Vatnajökull Glacier Walk with Glacier Adventure.
Vatnajökull Glacier Walk
Our certified and experienced glacier guides will take you on an unforgettable journey to Breiðarmerkurjökull glacier, an outlet glacier from Vatnajökull, located off the beaten path and away from the tourist crowds.
Once you step onto the ice it will feel like you are located on an icy planet. You will see crevasses, small caves or tunnels as well as little waterfalls and streams and other beautiful ice features. During the tour, you will get the chance to learn about the glacier, its history, how it was formed, how it affects our community, and how it continues to change and shape every day.
The duration of the tour is approx. 4 hours including preparation and drive (1,5 hours on the glacier).
Glacier Lagoon Kayaking
The Jökulsárlón Glacier lagoon is considered as one of the natural wonders of Iceland. Paddling on the Glacier lagoon provides outstanding experience and gives participants a magnificent view of the ice cap and the vast dome of ice that rises above. A unique journey where we paddle amongst floating icebergs and wildlife, seals and birds.
This is the perfect tour for those who want to be environmentally friendly while exploring nature.
The Kayaks are SIT-ON-TOP boats, very stable and are suitable for first time kayakers. In the tours we use tandem kayaks (boat for two persons) for their safety, easy handling and stability. We also have single kayaks only in case of single travelers and/or odd number bookings.
The duration of the tour is 1.5 hours, with 1 hour on the lagoon.
When booking, you select number of passengers, not boat or boat type. The type of boats will be chosen on spot accordingly by your guide, not upon request.
All glacier trips are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
The glacier tours are led by local and professional guides to give you a safe and unforgettable experience in the breathtaking Vatnajökull region. The glacier tours start in two separate locations, there is around 15 min drive between the two meeting point (15 km) so make sure to take that into consideration when planning your trip. Please be at our meeting points 20 minutes before departure time.
GLACIER WALK MEETING POINT: Our meeting point is located at our Glacier Adventure Base Camp, just a few steps away from Hali Country Hotel. We are located 13 km east of the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and 67 km west of Höfn.
You will find the Glacier Adventure meeting point on Google Maps here
KAYAK TOUR MEETING POINT is located in a box van at the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon main parking lot. You will find the Iceguide meeting point on Google Maps here
The Kayak Tour is operated by our local friends at Iceguide If you need to contact them directly:
Tel: +354 661-0900 – www.iceguide.is – [email protected]
Disclaimer: Driving in Iceland can be unpredictable. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a morning tour. Here you can find accommodation suggestion.
Included in the Glacier Walk Tour:
- Ice axe
Included in the Kayak Tour:
- Kayak & Kayak paddle
- Dry suit
- Safety vest
No matter where you’re going in Iceland, it’s important to choose the right clothing and dress according to weather. We strongly recommend dressing in layers so it is easy to take off or put on layers depending on weather.
- Good waterproof shoes with ankle support (hiking boots )
- Thermal underwear
- Wool/fleece thermal mid-layer
- Hiking pants.
- Waterproof pants & jacket
- Gloves & hat
- Socks (wool or synthetic)
- Small backpack
- Reusable Water-bottle
- Food or Snack for a 6 hour tour (sandwich, chocolate bar, etc.)
- Camera (optional)
You can rent the following items for the Glacier Walk:
- Hiking boots 1000,- ISK
- Rain gear 1000,- ISK
Glacier Adventure reserves the rights to refuse participation of clients if not dressed according to weather since this will put the clients at risk. In such circumstances no refunds shall be given.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.