Glacier Tour Insight
This full-day adventure combo tour will allow you to experience the wonders of Vatnajökull National Park. Vatnajökull National Park is the perfect place to experience unspoiled nature and a unique environment.
The glacier we will visit on the Glacier Walk is called Breiðarmerkurjökull and is an outlet glacier from Europe’s biggest glacier, Vatnajökull. This is the same glacier that is gradually breaking down and calving into the Glacier Lagoon.
See & experience the mighty glacier from different points of view on this exciting combo tour.
- Season: May - September
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Start time: 9:30
- Duration: Summer Tour 5-6 hours
- Duration: Amphibian Boat Tour 30 - 40 min
- Area: Vatnajökull and Jökulsárlón
- Type: Glacier Explore and Amphibian Boat Tour
- Meeting point: Summer Tour - Glacier Adventure BC
- Meeting point: Amphibian Boat - Jökulsárlón
- Age limit: 10
- Group size: 12
- Tags: Glacier, Glacier Walk combo, Glacier Walk
This glacier tour is provided by two local families. The Glacier Adventure Summer Tour starts at Glacier Adventure base camp in Hali at 9:30 AM. The Amphibian Boat Tour starts at 17:00 PM, just 10 min drive vest from Hali. The age limit is 14 years old.
Glacier Adventure Summer Tour
Glacier Adventure Summer Tour is a full-day glacier expedition that includes a glacier walk with an introduction to ice-climbing. This glacier tour is very adventurous, you spend more time on the glacier and you’ll get a chance to rappel down a crevasse or moulin and try some ice climbing. No experience is needed as our guides will teach you everything needed and keep you safe. Ice climbing & rappelling is optional so if you do not want to do this you will not have to.
This glacier tour is intended for those who want to spend a whole day outside hiking and exploring the wonders of the glacier, creating unforgettable memories with friends and family. The tour has a maximum of 8 participants to ensure a more intimate and discovery-filled adventure.
Amphibian Boat Tour
Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon is located by highway number one, about 370 km (230 miles) east of Reykjavík and it is told to be one of the greatest natural wonders in Iceland. Embark on a boat trip on the beautiful Glacier Lagoon in amphibian boat.
During the excursion, you sail among the huge icebergs in the picturesque scenery of Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon. On the boat you get to taste the 1000 year old ice and if you are lucky you might even see some seals swimming amongst the beautiful icebergs.
The excursion takes 30–40 minutes and includes an English speaking guide who explains to you the geology and facts of the lagoon.
All glacier trips are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
The glacier tours are led by local and professional guides to give you a safe and unforgettable experience in the breathtaking Vatnajökull region. The glacier tours start in two separate locations, there is around 15 min drive between the two meeting point (15 km ) so make sure to take that into consideration when planning your trip. Please be at our meeting points 20 minutes before departure time.
GLACIER ADVENTURE SUMMER TOUR meeting point is located at our Glacier Adventure Base Camp, just a few steps away from Hali Country Hotel. We are located 13 km east of the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and 67 km west of Höfn. We recommend being there at least 20 minutes before departure time.
You will find the Glacier Adventure meeting point on Google Maps here
THE JÖKULSÁRLÓN AMPHIBIAN BOAT TOURS are located at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon main parking lot at the Glacier Lagoon Café. We recommend being there at least 20 minutes before departure time. You will find the meeting point on Google Maps here
The Amphibian Boat Tour on the Glacier Lagoon is operated by our local friends at Glacier Lagoon. If you need to contact them:
Tel: +354 478-2222 – www.icelagoon.is – [email protected]
Disclaimer: Driving in Iceland can be unpredictable. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before a morning tour. Here you can find accommodation suggestion.
Included on the Amphibian Boat Tour:
- Floatation Vest
Included on the Summer Tour:
- Ice axe if needed
No matter where you’re going in Iceland, it’s important to choose the right clothing and dress according to weather. We strongly recommend dressing in layers so it is easy to take off or put on layers depending on weather.
- Good waterproof shoes with ankle support (hiking boots )
- Thermal underwear
- Wool/fleece thermal mid-layer
- Hiking pants.
- Waterproof pants & jacket
- Gloves & hat
- Socks (wool or synthetic)
- Small backpack
- Reusable Water-bottle
- Food or Snack for a 6 hour tour (sandwich, chocolate bar, etc.)
- Camera (optional)
You can rent the following items for the Glacier Walk:
- Hiking boots 1000 ISK
- Rain gear 1000 ISK
Glacier Adventure reserves the rights to refuse participation of clients if not dressed according to weather since this will put the clients at risk. In such circumstances no refunds shall be given.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.