Glacier Tour Insight
Glacier kayaking is the ultimate way to experience the magnificence of the world-famous Vatnajökull National Park.
Join our friends at Ice Guide for an unforgettable trip and enjoy unbeatable panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and glaciers and their reflection in the mirror-like water of the Heinaberg Lagoon.
This is the tour for those who want to be environmentally friendly while exploring nature!
- Season: May - September
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Start time: 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Duration: 3 - 3,5 hours
- Area: Heinabergslón
- Type: Kayak tour
- Meeting point: Hotel Smyrlabjörg
- Age limit: 14
- Group size: 8 per guide
- Tags: Glacier, Boat tour
This glacier tour is provided by our local friends at Ice Guide.
The glacier tour starts and ends at Ice Guide base camp at Smyrlabjörg Country Hotel. On the tour we step on one of the icebergs and take a short walk, overlooking the lagoon and surrounding area. Heinabergslón is “out of the beaten path”.
Our Kayaks are SIT-ON-TOP boats, very stable and are suitable for first time kayakers as well.
The tour takes 3.5 hours in total, with approx. 2 hours on the boat. The age limit is 14 years.
Reasonable fitness is required for the kayak tours. Oversized people can expect having problems fitting our suits. Weight limit for the kayak tours is 120kg and our biggest suits are the size of XXL.
For safety reasons participants cannot exceed 120 kg (270 lbs) in weight for single kayaks or 180 kg (395lbs) combined weight for tandem kayaks.
All tours are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- Kayak & Kayak paddle
- Dry suit
- Safety vest
What should I bring?
- Warm clothing to wear under the dry-suit
- Warm socks
- Sunglasses on sunny days
KAYAK TOUR MEETING POINT is located by Smyrlabjörg Country Hotel. We recommend being there at least 15 minutes before departure time. You will find the Iceguide meeting point on Google Maps here
The Kayak Tour is operated by our local friends at Iceguide If you need to contact them directly:
Tel: +354 661-0900 – www.iceguide.is – [email protected]
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.