Glacier Tour Insight
Glacier Lagoon Kayaking in the Jökulsárlón Glacier lagoon which is considered as one of the natural wonders of Iceland. Paddling on the Glacier lagoon provides outstanding experience and gives participants a magnificent view of the ice cap and the vast dome of ice that rises above.
Come with us on this unique journey where we paddle amongst floating icebergs and wildlife, seals and birds.
Glacier Lagoon Kayaking is the tour for those who want to be environmentally friendly while exploring nature.
- Season: May - October
- Difficulty: Easy Moderate
- Start time: From 9:00 - 18:00
- Duration: 1,5 hours
- Area: Jökulsárlón
- Type: Kayak tour
- Meeting point: Jökulsárlón
- Age limit: 14 year old
- Group size: 8 per guide
- Tags: Boat tour
This glacier tour is provided by our local friends at Ice Guide.
The tour is fully guided and all participants are provided with a two piece suite and all other necessary equipment. Our Kayaks are SIT-ON-TOP boats, very stable and should be suitable for persons who have not gone kayaking before.
The duration of the tour is 1.5 hours, with 1 hour on the lagoon. The age limit is 14 years old.
Reasonable fitness is required for the kayak tours. Oversized people can expect having problems fitting our suits. Weight limit for the kayak tours is 120kg and our biggest suits are the size of XXL.
For safety reasons participants cannot exceed 120 kg (270 lbs) in weight for single kayaks or 180 kg (395lbs) combined weight for tandem kayaks.
All tours are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- Kayak & Kayak paddle
- Dry suit
- Safety vest
What should I bring?
- Warm clothing to wear under the dry-suit
- Warm socks
- Sunglasses on sunny days
KAYAK TOUR MEETING POINT is located in a box van at the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon main parking lot. We recommend being there at least 15 minutes before departure time. You will find the Iceguide meeting point on Google Maps here
The Kayak Tour is operated by our local friends at Iceguide If you need to contact them directly:
Tel: +354 661-0900 – www.iceguide.is – [email protected]
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.