Glacier Tour Insight
This tour will allow you to enjoy the hospitably of the locally owned and operated adventure company Fjallsárlón!
Sail with them in a Zodiac boat, amongst floating icebergs on the majestic Fjallsárlón Glacier Lagoon.
This adventure tour will allow you to connect with Icelandic nature in a way you have never experienced before. Come, have fun, and cruise with us!
- Season: April - November
- Difficulty: Easy
- Start time: From 9:30 - 17:30
- Duration: 75 - 90 minutes ( 45 min in the boat )
- Area: Fjallsárlón
- Type: Zodiac boat tour
- Meeting point: Fjallsárlón - Frost restaurant
- Age limit: 5
- Group size: 10 per boat
- Tags: Family friendly, Boat tour
This glacier tour is operated by our friends at Fjallsárlón.
After suiting up you will be met by an experienced guide that will lead you through mossy otherworldly like landscape to the lagoon and your boat.
After take-off you will be circling icebergs of all shapes and sizes that every so often turn or flip over creating a spectacle, grab the opportunity and taste the ancient ice. The tour continues towards Vatnajokull Glacier, the largest glacier in Europe.
Occasionally huge icebergs can be seen breaking of the glaciers edge falling dramatically into the lagoon before drifting away quietly and then melting slowly.
Our guides make sure that you receive personal yet professional service, including a good insight into the history and the nature of the area, the glaciers and icebergs.
The duration of the glacier tour is 75-90 minutes, with 45 minutes in boat. Age limit is 5 years old.
All tours are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
What is included!
- Warm Jacket
- Flotation Device
What to bring!
- We recommend that you bring a hat and gloves on our tours.
- In Iceland, the weather can quite unpredictable so dress accordingly.
- We also recommend that you bring your camera for those priceless photo opportunities!
FJALLSÁRLÓN TOUR MEETING POINT is located at Fjallsárlón / Frost restaurant. We recommend being there at least 15 minutes before departure time. You will find the Fjallsárlón meeting point on Google Maps here
The Zodiac Boat Tour on Fjallsárlón is operated by our local friends at Fjallsárlón. If you need to contact them:
Tel: +354 666 8006 – www.fjallsarlon.is – [email protected]
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.