Glacier Tour Insight
Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon is located by highway number one, about 370 km (230 miles) east of Reykjavík and it is told to be one of the greatest natural wonders in Iceland. Embark on an Amphibian Boat Tour on the beautiful Glacier Lagoon.
During the excursion, you sail among the huge icebergs in the picturesque scenery of Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon. On the boat you get to taste the 1000 year old ice and if you are lucky you might even see some seals swimming amongst the beautiful icebergs. The excursion takes 30–40 minutes and includes an English speaking guide who explains to you the geology and facts of the lagoon.
- Season: May - November
- Difficulty: Easy
- Start time: Between 9:30 and 18:30
- Duration: 30 - 40 min
- Area: Jökulsárlón
- Type: Amphibian Boat tour
- Meeting point: Jökulsárlón
- Age limit: No age limit
- Group size: 20
- Tags: Family friendly, Boat tour
This glacier boat tour is operated by our friends at Glacier Lagoon.
The tour departs from Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. Departure times are between 09:30 and 18:30. The total duration is 30-40 minutes. There is no age limit.
Other languages may be offered upon request.
All tours are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- Boat Trip with English speaking Guide
- Floatation Vest
What to bring!
THE JÖKULSÁRLÓN GLACIER LAGOON is located at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon main parking lot, at the Glacier Lagoon Café. We recommend being there at least 20 minutes before departure time. You will find the meeting point on Google Maps here
The Amphibian Boat Tour on Jökulsárlón is operated by our local friends at Glacier Lagoon. If you need to contact them:
Tel: +354 478-2222 – www.icelagoon.is – [email protected]
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.