Glacier Tour Insight
Join us on an adventure tour, as we sail around floating icebergs in one of Iceland’s most stunning landscapes.
During the excursion, you sail among the huge icebergs in the picturesque scenery of Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon. On the boat you get to taste a 1000 year old ice and if you are lucky you might even see some seals swimming amongst the beautiful icebergs.
The excursion takes 60 minutes and includes an English speaking guide who explains to you the geology and facts of the lagoon.
- Season: May - November
- Difficulty: Easy
- Start time: Tours departing from 9:00 - 18:00
- Duration: 1 - 1,5 hours
- Area: Jökulsárlón
- Type: Boat tour
- Meeting point: Jökulsárlón
- Age limit: 10 year old (at least 130 cm)
- Group size: 10
- Tags: Glacier, Boat tour
This glacier tour tour is operated by our friends at Glacier Lagoon.
The Glacier Lagoon in Iceland is located by highway number one, about 370 km (230 miles) east of Reykjavík and it is told to be one of the greatest natural wonders in Iceland. Embark on an exciting boat trip on the Glacier Lagoon in a Zodiac Boat.
On the Zodiac you are able to cover large areas of the lagoon and get closer to the icebergs than on the amphibian boats. When possible the Zodiac goes almost all the way up to the glacier wall (as close as safe). Passengers are provided with flotation suits and a life jacket.
The tour departs from Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. The total duration is 1 hour and 15 minutes, with 1 hours on the Zodiac boat. Passengers must be 10 years old or older or at least 130 cm tall to go on the Zodiac tour.
Check-in for the Zodiac Boat is 30 minutes before scheduled departure, please be at the ticket office on time.
Disclaimer: All glacier tours are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- Zodiac Boat Trip with English speaking Guide
- Warm Suit
- Flotation Vest
What to bring!
THE JÖKULSÁRLÓN GLACIER LAGOON is located at Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon’s main parking lot, at the Glacier Lagoon Café. We recommend being there at least 30 minutes before departure time. You will find the meeting point on Google Maps here
The Zodiac Boat Tour on the Glacier Lagoon is operated by our local friends at Glacier Lagoon If you need to contact them:
Tel: +354 478-2222 – www.icelagoon.is – [email protected]
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.