Hiking Tour Insight
This is a magical day trip in the mountains around our Base Camp in Hali. This is a perfect day for your group to spend outside in the mountains and get a feel-good guidance through the magical landscape Iceland has to offer.
At the same time you will get to know the local and almost forgotten history about the bulls that were kept in the valley of Hvannadalur in the past.
- Season: May - September
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Start time: 09:00
- Duration: 8 - 10 hours
- Area: Hali, Suðursveit
- Type: Mountaineering trekking tour
- Meeting point: Glacier Adventure Base Camp, Hali
- Age limit: 12 year old
- Group size: 20
This tour is available upon request, please contact us through [email protected]
Nautastígur is a mountaineering trekking tour with Glacier Adventure.
This trekking rout has a lot of variety of landscape and includes an amazing drive through Kálfafellsdalur. Crossing glacier rivers and driving on rough paths.
We can expect to see some wild life on our journey, such as reindeer, rock ptarmigan and sheep’s.
This mountain trekking fit’s most hiking groups. It is around 12 km, total elevation gain 650 m and usually done in 6 – 8 hours.
After the tour your group will have access to the barn where you can BBQ and have a nice group gathering after the tour. If the group would like we can arrange food for the night or yoga the day after.
Guided trip with a local guide: Our certified and experienced guides will take you on a unique trip to the mountains.
- Super jeep ride from Hali
- Super jeep ride from Steinadalur back to Hali
At the base camp: BBQ, Free parking, Coffee, Wifi
- Day back pack – For extra cloths and lunch
- Good hiking shoes that your used to use yourself
- Base layer – Marino wool – for upper body and lower body (depending on weather)
- Jacket, such as soft shell or flees
- Hiking pants
- Prima loft jacket
- Rain layer, such as Gore-Tex jacket or Gore-Tex pants. – Good for rain and wind
- Hiking socks – it’s good to have one extra pair with you
- Hiking poles
- Lunch for the day
- Sun glasses
- Something for blisters, Vaseline, bandage, blister kit
- Toilet paper, and plastic bag for garbage.
- Hat or buff for the head
- Sun protection
Our meeting point is located at our Glacier Adventure Base Camp, just a few steps away from Hali Country Hotel. We are located 13 km east of the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and 67 km west of Höfn. We recommend being there at least 20 minutes before departure time.
You will find the Glacier Adventure meeting point on Google Maps here
Driving in Iceland can be unpredictable. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before the tour. Here you can find accommodation suggestion.