Glacier Tour Insight
On this private adventure, you will explore the magical ancient glacier with a local company.
The private ice cave tours are organized in cooperation with you, keeping your needs and desires in mind. Email us with all your concerns and desires and we will create a tour that you will never forget.
- Season: April - September
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Area: Vatnajökull
- Type: Glacier Walk
- Meeting point: Hali, Glacier Adventure Base Camp
- Tags: Glacier, Family friendly
This tour is available upon request, please contact us through [email protected]
At Hali you will be welcomed by the Glacier Adventure staff and provided with all the necessary glacier equipment you need for this tour.
All glacier trips are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
Our meeting point is located at our Glacier Adventure Base Camp, just a few steps away from Hali Country Hotel. We are located 13 km east of the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and 67 km west of Höfn. We recommend being there at least 20 minutes before departure time.
You will find the Glacier Adventure meeting point on Google Maps here
Driving in Iceland can be unpredictable. We recommend you to stay somewhere close to Hali the night before the tour. Here you can find accommodation suggestion.
Guided tour with a local guide: Our certified and experienced glacier guides take you on an unforgettable journey to the glacier, which is located off the beaten path and away from the tourist crowds.
Equipment: Crampons, harness, helmet, ice axe.
At the base camp: Free parking, coffee and wifi
No matter where you’re going in Iceland, it’s important to choose the right clothing and dress according to weather. We strongly recommend dressing in layers so it is easy to take off or put on layers depending on weather.
- Good waterproof shoes with ankle support (hiking boots )
- Thermal underwear
- Wool/fleece thermal mid-layer
- Hiking pants.
- Waterproof pants & jacket
- Gloves & hat
- Socks (wool or synthetic)
- Reusable Water-bottle
- Light Snack
- Camera (optional)
You can rent the following equipment before the tour:
- Hiking boots 1.000,- ISK
- Rain gear 1.000,- ISK
Glacier Adventure reserves the rights to refuse participation of clients if not dressed according to weather since this will put the clients at risk. In such circumstances no refunds shall be given.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.