Glacier Tour Insight
Snowmobiling on Vatnajökull Glacier is an extraordinary experience and an adventure not to be missed! This glacier tour is the perfect length for ‘first-time riders’ and individuals looking for a scenic, fun ride, suitable for everyone.
Explore and experience the wilderness of the glacier, and the breathtaking views over the Vatnajökull region.
- Season: 15th of March - 15th of October
- Difficulty: Easy
- Start time: 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM
- Duration: 3 - 3,5 hours
- Area: Vatnajökull National Park
- Type: Snowmobile Tour
- Meeting point: Vagnsstaðir Hostel
- Age limit: No age limit
- Group size: 2-12
- Tags: Glacier
This glacier tour is provided by our local friends at Glacier Jeeps.
The snowmobile tour starts and ends at Vagnsstaðir Hostel, departing at 09:30 and 14:00. Your adventure begins at the base camp, where you will be provided with all the equipment that you need for the tour.
Then you will ride in a specially designed super jeep to route F985, roads only accessible by 4WD, to the starting point of your snowmobile ride on the glacier.
Two people ride on one snowmobile together, to get a single snowmobile you have to pay supplement charge 11.950 ISK.
The duration of the whole tour is approx 3 hours, including preparations. The time on the glacier is 60 minutes including 2 stops. There is no age limit.
Disclaimer: A valid driver‘s license is needed to operate a snowmobile. Passengers do not need to bring the drivers license.
All tours are taken at the responsibility of participants. Glacier Adventure does not take responsibility for accidents which are caused by their customers or can be traced to their own actions.
THE GLACIER JEEP ADVENTURE MEETING POINT is located at Vagnsstaðir Hostel. We recommend being there at least 15 minutes before departure time. You will find the meeting point of Glacier Jeeps on Google Maps here
The Glacier Jeep tour is operated by our local friends at Glacier Jeeps. If you need to contact them: Tel: +354 4781000 – [email protected] – www.glacierjeeps.is
- Guided tour with our friends at Glacier Jeeps.
- Snowsuits, Boots, Helmet, Gloves, Balaclava face mask.
What do I need to bring?
- Warm, waterproof clothing to wear for chilly or rainy day.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to always keep a 5% payment fee to cover costs for the booking & rescheduling.
- If you must reschedule or cancel the booking, please provide us with 24-hour notice. This way we might be able to resell the seats.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours before tour departure, will not be refunded. This includes bookings made within 24 hours before departure.
- If clients cancel their tour more than 24 hours before departure, a 95% refund will be given.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded if the client is not on time before the tour departure.
- Glacier Adventure reserves the right to cancel your trip with your safety in mind.
- With short notice, the tours can be canceled due to safety reasons or other natural conditions. In such cases, a 100% refund is provided.
Note: We don’t refund if the client is late or doesn’t show up, or if the weather is not good and the tour is still on schedule. We recommend that participants stay in a hotel or guesthouse close to Hali the night before the tour.